We have the module for you!
Linux Development Modules features:
- Acts as a co-processor
- Fast processing of complex code (400MHz ARM CPU)
- ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® backplane-compatible development using C/C++
- Available development kit DVD contains Virtual Machine (VM) with preinstalled development software.
- C API provided for backplane driver
- Equipped with both Serial and Ethernet ports
Need help determining if the Linux Development Module is right for you?
Thank you. You should be contacted within 2 business days.
What is a Linux Development Module?
- It is a communications module for either ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® that allows the user/developer to write a custom application (in C/C++ programming language) that interfaces to the Ethernet port(s) and serial ports of the unit.
Why would someone need a custom/proprietary protocol or function?
- When a ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® processor must interface with a proprietary/custom protocol.
- An OEM wishes to provide access to their system that includes a ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® processor, and wants to provide a secure, proprietary application for this access.
- When numerous algorithm need to be written to produce complex functions.
What are some typical applications where the Linux Development Module would be of use?
- A user has a special piece of machinery that needs to interface to a ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® system. The only interface to this machinery is a serial port that uses a non-standard protocol.
- A user has a desktop PC that is collecting data from a piece of machinery. The PC is old, outdated and requires more and more maintenance each year. The user may replace the PC with the in-chassis Linux Development Module, with a custom application, and do the same job.
- In packaging applications, custom functions can be written to get precise weights in each box or bag.
The Linux Development Module for both ControlLogix® and CompactLogix® requires the development of custom software, using the C or C++ programming languages.