Automation Fair®, Booth #1317: MVP Tips for Your Applications, Prizes, and More!
PROFIBUS DPV1 Master FDT Communications DTM
The PROFIBUS DPV1 Master FDT (Field Device Tool) communication DTM (comDTM) software is an interface between any compliant FDT software container, an FDT device DTM and applicable PROFIBUS slave devices.
The FDT PROFIBUS comDTM and a compatible FDT 1.2.1 frame application connect multiple device DTMs to their respective PROFIBUS connected field instruments using the Ethernet port on the PC and PROFIBUS DPV1 master module.
Features and Benefits
Typical FDT frame applications are Fieldcare (Endress + Hauser), PACTware (PACTware association), FactoryTalk AssetCentre (Rockwell Software) or fdtCONTAINER (MM?Software). The PROFIBUS DPV1 master modules support Class 1 and 2 services thereby allowing for PLC cyclic Class 1 services to co-exist with acyclic comDTM Class 2 services over the same network.
FDT (Field Device Tool) technology standardizes the communication interface between field devices and systems. The key feature is its independence from the communication protocol and the software environment of either the device or the host system. FDT allows any device to be accessed from any host through any protocol.
- Support for PTQ-PDPMV1 Ethernet port (no serial connectivity)
- Support for MVI56-PDPMV1 COM 2 serial port (no Ethernet connectivity, use Serial to Ethernet converter)
- FDT 1.2.1 compatible
- Official FDT-JIG certificate
- PROFIBUS-DPV1 master Class II operation (acyclic master/slave services)
- PROFIBUS DPV1 Class II Services:
- Data transport
- Can be used to access Slaves concurrently as the master is scanning (Class I) the network I/O for the PLC.
- Supports many FDT containers such as FieldCare and PACTware.
- Built-in Ethernet and serial transport communication providers
- Software license provides full support of all configured device DTMs and communication of up to 15 master modules.
- Additional Functions performed:
- Scan list function
- Set Slave address
- A ProSoft Technology PROFIBUS DPV1 Master module with available user Ethernet or Serial port.
- FDT v1.2.1 Frame program such as FieldCare or PACTware.
- Hardware Requirements (Recommended)
- Pentium 4 with 2 GHz Processor, 256 MB RAM
- 450 MB disk space (for DTM Libraries)
- Monitor 1024 X 768, 64k colors
- Software Requirements (Minimum)
- Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6A, Windows 2000 SP3 or Windows XP
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0
- Microsoft Management Console*
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0*
*Some FDT Containers require these components